VISA® Credit Card Disclosures
Click here to apply!
|Choose The Plan That Works For You||VISA® Platinum||VISA® Secured||VISA® Classic|
|Annual Percentage Rate for Purchases||7.90%||15.00%||12.00%|
|Annual Percentage Rate for Balance Transfers||7.90%||15.00%||12.00%|
|Annual Percentage Rate for Cash Advances||7.90%||15.00%||12.00%|
|How to Avoid Paying Interest on Payments: Your due date is at least 25 days after the close of each billing cycle. We will not charge you interest on purchases if you pay your entire balance by the due date each month.|
|For Credit Card Tips from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: To learn more about factors to consider when applying for or using a credit card, visit the website of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at: http://www.consumerfinance.gov/credit-cards/|
|Set-up And Maintenance Fees|
|Balance Transfer Fee||NONE||NONE||NONE|
|Cash Advance Fee (no interest rate differential)||$2.00||$2.00||$2.00|
|Late Payment Fee (if more than 10 days late)||$25.00||$25.00||$25.00|
|Account Cancellation Fee
(If member requests (YES) to close VISA Secured, funds are not released for 14 days after receiving request. A fee will be assessed if the account has been in place for less than 6 months at the time of cancellation)
How We Will Calculate Your Balance: We use a method called "average daily balance" (including new purchases).
Billing Rights: Information on your rights to dispute transactions and how to exercise those rights is provided in your account agreement.
VISA. In this Agreement the words "You" and "Your" means the member or members to whom a Card or Cards are issued, or who have agreed to pay the obligations arising from the use of a Card issued to another person. The words "We" "Us" and "Our" mean MyGeorgia Credit Union. Card means any VISA Card(s) subject to this Agreement issued to you by us, or other single credit device being used from time to time upon presentation to obtain money, property, labor or services on credit. "Card" is implied when you obtain credit by using your account number without using the Card.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Your VISA Card may not be used for any illegal transaction. Such use may subject you to criminal penalties and will result in your VISA account privileges being terminated. NO CHARGES OR DEBITS INCURRED FOR GAMBLING TRANSACTIONS WILL BE KNOWINGLY HONORED BY THE CREDIT UNION and it shall be our policy to attempt to block all such transactions.
PURCHASES and Cash Advances. You can use the Card for Purchases and Cash Advances. You will owe us for these amounts plus interest and other charges, if any, all payable in United States Dollars. Conditions under which we may retain or acquire any security interest in any property to secure payment of credit extended under the account.
(1)VISA Classic Secured.If your Card account is secured, as a condition of approval for your account you grant us a specific pledge in your Credit Union shares (deposits) and checking account(s) except in those accounts that would have adverse tax consequences if pledged as security. You agree that your pledged amount equals your credit limit and such amounts are pledged as security for your account. We may, but do not have to allow you to withdraw a portion of your shares without affecting our security interest.
(2) VISA Platinum, VISA Classic. Your Card account is secured by the statutory lien on shares granted by the Federal Credit Union Act. Further, you pledge and grant a security interest in all individual and joint accounts you have with us now and in the future to secure you Card account. You authorize us to apply the balance in these account(s) to pay any amounts due under this Agreement if you should default.
(3) You grant us a purchase money security interest in any goods you purchase through the account. Property securing other loans with us now and in the future may also secure this account, except that you do not convey to us any security interest in your dwelling by incurring debts or credit under this Agreement.
Monthly Statement. If you have an outstanding debit or credit balance in excess of $1.00 or if there is any interest imposed during a billing cycle, we will send you a statement. You must pay us (or if we elect, to any party to whom we transfer and assign your account) according to the terms and conditions of the account.
Conditions under which you will be charged Interest.
(1) Purchases. Interest will accrue from the date posted on transactions for purchases posted during a billing cycle when there is a previous balance and it is not paid in full within the first 25 days of the billing cycle. Interest that will accrue from the first day of the next billing cycle will also be imposed on purchases included in the new balance when the entire new balance is not paid in full within 25 days after the closing date.
(2) Cash Advances and Balance Transfers. Interest is computed on a periodic rate basis will be imposed on cash advances from the date posted to the account to the date paid. Interest accrued on cash advances between the closing date of the billing cycle and the date your account is credited will appear on your next statement. There is no time period to avoid paying interest.
(3) If your account is subject to interest charges, then the more that you pay and the sooner you pay, the less your interest charges will be.
The Method of determining the balance upon which interest will be charged.
(1) We calculate the interest on cash advances by applying a periodic rate to the "Average Daily Balance" of cash advances on your account (including current transactions for cash advances). To determine the "Average Daily Balance" of cash advances we begin with the previous day's ending principal cash advance balance (fees not included). To this balance for each day in the billing period, we add new cash advances, new balance transfers, other debit transactions; then
subtract any principal payments or credits. The sum of the ending daily balances for the billing period is then divided by the number of days in the billing period. The result is the "Average Daily Balance" of cash advances.
(2) We calculate the interest on purchases by applying a periodic rate to the "Average Daily Balance" of purchases on your account (including current transactions for purchases). To determine the "Average Daily Balance" of purchases we begin with the previous day's ending principal purchase balance (fees not included). To this balance, for each day in the billing period we add new purchases and other debit transactions; then subtract any principal payments or credits. The sum of the ending daily balances for the billing period is then divided by the number of days in the billing period. The result is the "Average Daily
Balance" of purchases. If the entire previous balance is paid in full within the first 25 days of the billing period, the "Average Daily Balance" of purchases will be considered $0.
The amount of Interest imposed during a billing cycle will be determined by.
(1) Multiplying the “Average Daily Balance” of Cash Advances by the monthly periodic rate for Cash Advances; the corresponding Annual Percentage Rate is determined by multiplying the monthly periodic rate by 12.
(2) Multiplying the “Average Daily Balance” of Purchases by the monthly periodic rate for Purchases; the corresponding Annual Percentage Rate is determined by multiplying the monthly periodic rate by 12.
(3) Adding the result of item (1) and (2).
(4) Annual Percentage Rates (APR) and corresponding Monthly Periodic Rates used to calculate interest are:
a. VISA Platinum -7.9% APR; Monthly Periodic Rate .6583%
b. VISA Classic Secured -15.00% APR; Monthly Periodic Rate 1.250%
c. VISA Classic -12.00% APR; Monthly Periodic Rate 1.000%
Conditions under which any Other charges may be imposed.
(1) Late Payment. If your payment is received ten (10) days after the payment due date, you will be charged a late fee of $25.00
(2) Balance Transfers Fee - None.
(3) Cash Advance Fee - $2.00 (no interest rate differential)
(4) Account Cancellation Fee - $20.00 (if member request to close VISA Secured, funds are not released for 14 days after receiving request. A fee will be assessed if the account has been in place for less than 6 months at the time of cancellation)
Minimum Periodic Payment Required. If you do not elect to pay your balance in full, you must pay at least the minimum payment due each month by the end of the billing cycle. The minimum payment will be the greater of 4% of your total new balance, or $25.00 plus any portion of the minimum payment(s) shown on prior statements which remain unpaid plus any amounts that exceed your credit limit. Payments are due on the 15th of every month.
Application of Payments. Payments when paid during a billing cycle will be applied to amounts outstanding at the time payment is received in the following order: Unpaid interest, other charges, previous cash advances, balance transfers and current cash advances, previous purchases and then to current purchases. Payment amounts in excess of your minimum payment will be applied first to balances with the highest Annual Percentage Rate until that balance is paid off and then to balances with the next highest Annual Percentage Rate until those balances are paid off.
Card Use by Others. If you authorize another person to use a Card or obtain credit on your account and entrust a Card to him or her for that purpose, you agree that such authorization shall continue in effect for as long as that person has the Card; that you will be liable for all charges to the account arising from use of the Card by such person during that time; and that no revocation of such authorization by you will be effective or binding on us until you recover possession of the Card and/or account for same to our satisfaction.
Misuse of a Card by an authorized User will not be considered to be "unauthorized use" under the terms of this Agreement.
Individual Liability. You will be liable for all credit obtained under the account, whether by you or by a User of the account. If there is more than one person to whom a card has been issued, then each will be liable, jointly and severally, for all credit obtained under such account as well as for all interest and other charges provided for in this Agreement
Liability For Unauthorized Use. You are not liable for unauthorized transactions. You must notify us immediately if your Card or access device is lost or stolen or upon discovery of a transaction which is a result of a fraudulent activity such as the unauthorized use of your Card. You agree to notify us immediately, orally or in writing at MyGeorgia Credit Union or (770) 534-4255 of the loss or theft or the unauthorized use of the account or Card. We reserve the right to impose liability on you if we determine that you were negligent in the handling of your account or Card.
Credit Line. You will not use the account to obtain credit in excess of the credit line available to you. However, if we agree in writing to temporarily allow you to exceed your Credit Line, you agree to repay the excess amount according to the terms of this agreement. We can increase or decrease your Credit Line at our discretion.
Termination. Either you or we may terminate or suspend your credit privileges under this Agreement at any time. The provisions of this Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect until you pay all sums due us.
Honoring of the Card. We will not be responsible for the failure or refusal of anyone to honor the Card or any other device we supply to you.
Refunds. If a seller agrees to give you a refund or adjustment, you will accept a credit slip for your account in lieu of a cash refund.
Change of Address. You will advise us promptly if you change your mailing address. We can accept corrections received from the U.S. Postal Service. All written notices and statements by us to you will be sent to your address as it appears on our records.
Credit Reports.You authorize us to make or have made any credit, or employment history, and investigate inquiries as we deem appropriate for the extension of credit or collection of amounts owing on the account. We can furnish information concerning your account or credit file to consumer reporting agencies and others who may properly receive that information.
Irregular Payments. We can accept late payments, partial payments, checks or money orders marked "payment in full", or similar words, without losing any of our rights under this Agreement. Payments may not be made by a postdated check. If we receive payment by postdated check, we may clear the check and we shall have no liability if the check is posted to the deposit account prior to the date which appears on the check.
Default.You will be in default on this Agreement if you do not make at least a minimum payment on or before the payment due date; you try to exceed or do exceed your credit limit without our permission; you become subject to bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings; attachment or garnishment proceeding are instituted against you or your property, or we reasonably deem ourselves insecure; you provide us with false information or signature; you die or fail to comply with any provision of this Agreement. Acceptance of a payment or late payment charge after a payment does not waive the default. Default on any account or other obligation that you have with us shall constitute default on all accounts with us. If you are in default, we may at our option, declare the entire balance due immediately without notice or demand. Time is of the essence of the Agreement, and in case this Agreement is collected by law or through an attorney at law, or under advice there from, Borrower agrees to pay all costs of collection including fifteen percent (15 %) of the principal and interest as attorneys' fees.
SECURITY: You grant to the Credit Union a consensual lien on your shares to secure this account. You agree that such lien is impressed as of the date this account is opened and you further agree and understand that we can apply the shares pledged at the time of any default on the account without further notice. "Shares" means all deposits in any share savings, share draft, club, certificate, P.O.D., revocable trust or custodial account(s), whether jointly or individually held...regardless of contributions that you have on deposit now or in the future. Your pledge does not include and account that would have adverse tax consequences if pledged.
Delay in Enforcement. We can delay enforcing our rights under this Agreement without losing them.
Amendments to Your Account.Upon notice to you as required by law, the terms and conditions in this Agreement may be amended by us at any time, which amendment shall govern any transactions occurring prior to the effective date of the amendment, as to which there is an unpaid balance owing to us on the effective date of the amendment, and the amendment shall also govern any transaction occurring after such effective date. Upon notice of amendment, you will have the right to surrender your Card, whereupon you may continue to pay off your account in the same manner and under the same terms and conditions as then in effect. Your failure to surrender the Card prior to the effective date of the amendment shall constitute a consent to the amendment.
Foreign Exchange/Currency Conversion. An international transaction fee of 1% will be assessed on all transactions where the merchant country differs from the country of the Card issuer. The converted transaction amount will be shown separately from the international Transaction fee on your billing statement.
Foreign Transaction Currency Exchange Rate. The exchange rate for transactions in a foreign currency will be a rate selected by VISA from the range of rates available in wholesale currency markets for the applicable processing date, which may vary from the rate applicable central processing date plus 1% International Transaction Fee.
Guarantor. Any person signing and agreeing to be obligated for repayment of obligations under this Agreement who is not a member of the credit Union obligates himself a guarantor of payment only.
Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, all valid provisions that are severable from the invalid provision remain in effect.
Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of Georgia except to the extent where federal law is applicable.
Copy Received. Your acceptance and use of the Card is your acknowledgment of receipt of a copy of this Agreement.
YOUR BILLING RIGHTS - KEEP THIS NOTICE FOR FUTURE USE.
This notice contains important information about your rights and our responsibilities under the Fair Credit Billing Act.
Notify Us in Case of Errors or Questions About Your Bill. If you think your bill is wrong or if you need more information about a transaction on your bill, write us on a separate sheet at the address listed on your bill. Write us as soon as possible. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the first bill on which the error or problem appeared. You can telephone us but doing so will not preserve your rights. In your letter, give us the following information:
- Your name and account number
- The dollar amount of the suspected error
- Describe the error and explain, if you can, why you believe there is an error. If you need more information, describe the item you are not sure about.
If you have authorized us to pay your credit card bill automatically from savings or checking account, you can stop the payment on any amount you think is wrong. To stop the payment, your letter must reach us three business days before the automatic payment is scheduled to occur.
Your Rights and Our Responsibilities After We Receive Your Written Notice. We must acknowledge your letter within 30 days, unless we have corrected the error by then. Within 90 days, we must either correct the error or explain why we believe the bill was correct. After we receive your letter, we cannot try to collect any amount you question, or report you as delinquent. We can continue to bill you for the amount in question, including interest charges, and we can apply any unpaid amount against your credit limit. You do not have to pay any questioned amount while we are investigating, but you are still obligated
to pay the parts of your bill that are not in question. any interest charges related to any questioned amount. If we did not make a mistake, you may have to pay interest charges and you will have to make up any missed payments on the questioned amount. In either case, we will send you a statement of the amount you owe and the date that it is due. If you fail to pay the amount that we think you owe, we may report you as delinquent. However, if our explanation does
not satisfy you and you write to us within ten days telling us that you still refuse to pay, we must tell anyone we report you that you have a question about your bill. And, we must tell you the name of anyone we reported you to. We must tell anyone we report you to that the matter has been settled between us when it finally is. If we do not follow these rules, we cannot collect the first $50 of the questioned amount, even if the bill was correct. Special Rule for Credit Card Accounts. If you have a problem with the quality of the property or services that you purchased with a Credit Card and you have tried in good faith to correct the problem with the merchant, you may have the right not to pay the remaining amount due on the property or services. There are two limitations on this right: (1) You must have made the purchase in your home state or, if not within your home state, within 100 miles of your current mailing address; and (2) The purchase price must have been more than $50. These limitations do not apply if we own or operate the merchant, or if we mailed you the advertisement for the property or services.